Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Art Journal Heaven



I’m in The Villages in Central Florida on the last leg of my Spring Fling.  Thought I’d quickly share with you before I head off to class again. Yesterday was day one of a two day workshop with Dyan Reaveley. Art Journaling is an area I’ve stuck my toe in before without much success. Not this time. 
HRH Dyan
One of Dyan's journal covers

Workshop space at She Scrapbooks

I had so much fun just letting go and not worrying about what the outcome would be. Dyan is easy to listen to and looking through the journals she brought with her is so inspiring.  She tells you that she can teach you how to journal the way she journals, but she can’t teach you the way you journal.  So liberating.  She uses the metaphor of creating Chicken Soup. You can watch her make it but ultimately, you take away what you need and make it your own.
One of Dyan's journal pages

One of my better attempts. This one has journaling pockets.


We learned how to create several layers on a background, ghosting and how to use her journaling stamps on a page. I had a few hits, a few misses, and a couple that aren’t finished but have potential. I’m going back today for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment