I try hard to blog here at least once a week. Sometimes I have no excuse for missing my self-imposed deadline. This time I have a VERY good excuse. My daughter’s getting married! She and the Groom want a February wedding. Not February 2013, but 2012, like in 7 months – YIKES! My daughter is employed as an administrator in a local school district, so she goes back to school on Monday! Yikes, again!
So in the last 14 days we (collectively) have:
* Chosen a date
* Secured a venue and put a deposit on it
* Moved money around to pay for everything
* Shopped, selected and paid for a wedding gown
* Picked out a color scheme
* Selected a manufacturer for bridesmaid dresses
* Created a guest list
* Shopped for, designed and created “Saved the Date” cards and Wedding Invitations
* Met the grooms parents
* Booked a block of rooms for out of town guests
Oh, that’s right, this is a destination wedding (Key Largo, Florida) everyone (including us!) will be from out of town. Thanks Casey and Frank, I now have LOTS to do in the next 7 months. Figured you needed a sneak peak, and I promise you this will be the last of this until after the event. Here are some peaks at the dresses that didn’t make the cut . . .
|A real close contender|
|See the look on her face, it's a $4000 Vera Wang dress. Beautiful, but not in the budget!|
I think the worst of it is over, wishful thinking I guess. I’m going on-line to see what I can from the recent CHA convention!