Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Showtime!


Into the trailer they go!

I take my business on the road to Art Shows throughout Florida in the Spring, Fall and Winter.  I don’t do Summer shows. Are you kidding? Summer in South Florida?  Besides, when would I create?  I used to do about 14 shows a year.  I’m down to 4.  I set up, tear down and man the show by myself.  It ‘s usually a 3 to 4 day process. Takes me a couple days to recover, and then I do it all over again.  Thus, the slim show schedule this year.  Too tiring and I was always behind in stock.  Not a good thing! 
From the storage spot in the pantry to the garage and then to the trailer. Long haul!
 This weekend I was at Art in the Park in Plantation. Gorgeous weather in a lovely park with meandering walkways and lots of trees.  Couldn’t ask for more.

Art In the Park, Plantation. There were shoppers while I was still setting up!
This coming weekend I’ll be in South Dade County at the Fairgrounds for The Harvest.  People actually pay extra money to get into the show 2 hours early to shop. It’s insane! Love this show.  It’s indoors so I don’t have to worry about the weather and the set-up is all day on Friday.  I can take my time and get it perfect.  Parking’s close by and it’s over asphalt and concrete, not grass. Love it.  If you’re close, stop by. It’s a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment