Sunday, May 13, 2012

You Should Have Been There!


Yesterday at Paper Niche I taught three very talented women how to construct and embellish a bookcase and books from the Kaisercraft Beyond The Page Collection.  We had a ball!

 I try to teach with dual goals:
• Learn something new – a technique, a medium, a skill
• Stretch you boundaries – this is YOUR book, bookcase, album, home decore piece so make it YOUR OWN!



The ladies in this class took that to heart and delivered in a big way. Each individualized their project to make it their own which I love.  I always encourage students to break out of their comfort zone and not copy my example detail for detail.  Dorothy really took that to heart.  Look at what she created!

Amanda, Dorothy & Nicole 
 So thank you Dorothy, Amanda and Nicole for making my Saturday fun and fabulous.

Look for June’s class soon on the Paper Niche site.  I’ll post a link as soon as the class is up on their site.  You’re not going to want to miss this one, it’s an album based on plain old envelopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment