I'm putting the finishing touches on a pair of Travel Albums and I'm working on the front covers. I've been hoarding these leaves from Prima -LOVE them- and I started wondering if I could create something similar. That way, I could continue to hoard them! Here's what I found out.
I started with some plain brown Recollections leaves I picked up at Michaels. I had already sprayed all of them with Color Bloom Spray in Gold Foil. I got out my Roxs in black and gold from Judikins that I've had forever and mixed them together, more black than gold. I tried painting the leaf with Scotch quick drying glue and added the Roxs. This is what happened.
NOT using this one, let's keep going. I pulled out the Helmar's 450 (thicker, still dries clear) and tried again. Not bad!
Inspired, I got out some clear microbeads, and some black and gold microbeads and went for it. Success!