Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quick Rosette Tricks

I love making rosettes; they're one of the easiest fastest ways to customize a scrapbook page, card or home decor item I know.  When I'm in the mood to make them, I make LOTS! The last time I did this was for a "Race for the Cure" Cancer event. I turned them into pins and sold them as a way to make money to donate at the event.  I sold out in about 15 minutes!

Last week I got in the mood and decided to create some in halloween colors so I'd have some on hand.  Cut some out in the craft room and finish them off while watching the Gators or Seminoles play, can't beat that!
I decided to kick it up a notch.  Here's how I did it.

Once you have the rosette assembled, but before you add the circle on the front, brush some quick drying glue onto the spokes of the rosette.  Turn it over and dunk it in the glitter of your choice.  Flip it back over and let it dry.  How easy is that?







Another way to add glitter is to squeeze a thick line of quick drying glue onto your craft mat, about 2-3 " long. Use your rosette as a "wheel" and roll it into the glue until you have the edges covered, then roll the edges into glitter.

Two different looks, both very professional looking with a definite WOW factor.  Finish your rosette off with the circle in the middle or add a dimensional element like a rhinestone or cabochon. Fantastic, now go create something!

No comments:

Post a Comment