Monday, August 27, 2012

Bye Bye Isaac!


Being cooped up at home while Isaac dances across the Keys and into the Gulf seems like pure heaven! Isaac became the perfect excuse to just go create. I’ve been on a “Pennant and Banners” kick. I know, the trends been around a while but I was slow to jump on board. The first banners I created were based on pre-cut chipboard from BoBunny, 7 Gypsies and Maya Road. One day at Paper Niche it hit me.  They have two large Sizzix dies that cut pennants and banners out of chipboard. YEAH! No shipping, less cost, what’s not to love? And so started the obsession.



I spent Friday at Paper Niche’s crop and created 6 Christmas banners. Easy. I adhered 12 x 12 chipboard to holiday paper, let it dry under the weight of some large dies as I did other things and went back and cut it with the large Ellison machine. When Isaac rolled through I had plenty to keep me busy! I added the lace trim to the edges, punched holes at the corner and used lots of wire-edged ribbon to tie the pennants together.  This idea is so versatile and easy! Keep it in mind for birthdays, graduation, welcome home and just about any holiday. In fact, it’s part of my October class. You’ll have to come back to see what’s in store for my Halloween projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment