Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family Photo Tray


I love Bo Bunny’s Timepiece Collection; it lends itself to so many creative ideas.  I’ve been making Photo Trays for universities for a while now and they’ve been very popular.  I’ve used the Collection for DREAM wall hangings and had some leftover paper, so I decided to see what it would look like as a wall hanging.

 I LOVE it!  Has a ball figuring out what to add to it and am really pleased with the result.  I used a vintage key that I brought back from London last year, an antique folding ruler that I took apart, some grungeboard to create gears, one of 7 Gypsies ocular lenses that I altered with a watch face rub on, and a memory frame with a memory capsule that houses some of Tim Holt’s Gears.

 A Tim Holtz Memo Pin suspends the memory frame.  I snipped off the pointed end and rolled it around jewelers pliers to create a hook.  I drilled a hole in the frame and looped it through.  It’s suspended with glossy accents. 
It’s finished off with a Tray Label Holder from 7 Gypsies.  The “Family” label was easy: typed and printed on the computer, misted with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold and tucked into the Holder.  Liked it so much that I created a few of them.  Listed one on my ETSY site and it sold in about a week.  So I just listed another one.  I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment