Sunday, August 21, 2011

Remembering Summer




Embossed Metal Technique(middle) and UTEE (right)

Way back in May my husband and I took a river cruise down the Rhine from The Netherlands to Switzerland.  We went from Amsterdam to Zurich and, yes, I ‘m doing an album and, yes, the title IS “The Rhine, from A to Z”. I couldn’t resist!

 Anyway, albums aren’t the only way I like to showcase memories.  I’m doing more and more display piece.  Lot’s of reasons why. They hang on the wall or lean on a shelf and one can see them as they walk past. They’re faster to put together (theoretically anyway). You don’t have to open them to look at them. And finally, they hold more than just pictures, as you can see by the one I just finished for my September Class at Paper Niche. 

beeswax technique
7 Gypsies Paper Tape on the edge










When I designed this class, I wanted it to be about creativity, individuality and learning new techniques.  So this class will be very loosely structured. We’ll explore using beeswax, incorporating UltraThick Embossing Powder (UTEE) and ways to emboss metal to bring that look to the piece also.  Students will be encouraged to bring photos and ephemera to class to incorporate into the piece as it’s assembled. Can’t wait to see the results!

 Look for it soon on Paper Niche’s Blog, I’d love to see you in class!


No comments:

Post a Comment